Powder Processing Consultancy
Whether powders are your final product or a part of your manufacturing process, ensuring they have the right properties is crucial to performance. Our experts help you to optimize powder properties and processing steps, and implement improved quality control to maintain your standards.
It is critical that your powder processing routes are optimized on the front end to provide maximum yields and the best quality products, whether they are ultimately pressed into a tablet, used in an aerosol, or added to a suspension.
We have extensive experience with powders and provide expert consultancy services, analysis and development of powder-related products. Our optimization services include:
- Laser Diffraction and SEM for particle size, number, and shape
- XRF and SEM to analyze chemical composition and purity
- XRD to understand crystal structure
- Analyzing and optimizing zeta potential and rheology by changing pH levels and use of additives
- In depth measurement of “downstream” intermediate products, e.g strength measurement of pressed granulate products and appraisal of powder coating thickness
- Factorial Experimental Design (FED) to demonstrate strong correlations between powder and end-product properties
- Design and validation of QC protocols
- Characterization of particle size, shape, composition and crystallinity
- Analyzing and optimizing zeta potential and rheology by e.g. changing pH levels and use of additives – critical for suspensions and powder flow
- Milling protocol development – from nm to mm particle size scale
- Pilot-scale facilities for powder processing and prototyping.
Previous work with pharmaceutical manufacturers and suppliers includes:
- Optimizing the zeta potential of multi-phase powder suspensions to prevent agglomeration and collapsing of foam structures
- Functionalizing powder surface chemistry to encourage homogenous dispersion and cohesion with organic phases of composite products.