Powder Processing Consultancy
Whether powders are your final product or a part of your manufacturing process, ensuring they have the right properties is crucial to performance. Our experts help you to optimize powder properties and processing steps, and implement improved quality control to maintain your standards.
It is critical that your powder processing routes are optimized on the front end to provide maximum yields and the best quality products, whether they are ultimately pressed into a tablet, used in an aerosol, or added to a suspension.
We have extensive experience with powders and provide expert consultancy services, analysis and development of powder-related products. Our optimization services include:
- Laser Diffraction and SEM for particle size, number, and shape
- XRF and SEM to analyze chemical composition and purity
- XRD to understand crystal structure
- Analyzing and optimizing zeta potential and rheology by changing pH levels and use of additives
- In depth measurement of “downstream” intermediate products, e.g strength measurement of pressed granulate products and appraisal of powder coating thickness
- Factorial Experimental Design (FED) to demonstrate strong correlations between powder and end-product properties
- Design and validation of QC protocols
- Characterization of particle size, shape, composition and crystallinity
- Analyzing and optimizing zeta potential and rheology by e.g. changing pH levels and use of additives – critical for suspensions and powder flow
- Milling protocol development – from nm to mm particle size scale
- Pilot-scale facilities for powder processing and prototyping.
Pilot Scale Facilities
We provide pilot scale facilities for the development and optimization of pharmaceutical products. Outsourcing all or part of your product development work allows you to keep internal resources and processing lines at full capacity, while working with Lucideon allows you to access a whole new team of experts, trusted by pharmaceutical manufacturers around the world.
Our consultancy and supporting testing services help accelerate results at any stage of tableting. Whether it's tableting a formulation for the first time, introducing a new ingredient, solving an issue with current tableting practices or anything in between.
An important part of many powder processing lines, optimizing your milling processes can save time, increase yields and, of course, provide the physical properties you need from your ingredients for downstream processing. The milling process, followed by analysis of the output, can take time to perform and to plan effectively. Furthermore, large scale testing comes with larger clean down processes, taking even more time out of your live processing lines. Whether you need to keep your lines running or you would benefit from the expertise and added resource, Lucideon can help.
Pharmaceuticals are made up from a complex mix of ingredients, each with their own function for the final product. Achieving the right mix in terms of quantities and distribution is vital to achieving the desired end product. We can help achieve consistency of quality by defining and refining the key parameters through blending trials. Our expert team can also advise the best routes to take to solve any issues that might arise, whether that be in the mechanical blending process, unintended interactions between ingredients, or any other process variable.