Pharmaceutical Quality Control Testing
Lucideon's pharmaceutical quality control testing and validation laboratories are fitted with state-of-the-art analytical equipment and testing facilities.
Our team of highly qualified and experienced technical staff will work with you to develop and deliver testing and analytical solutions to add value to your product or project.
Benefit from working with a one-stop-shop by partnering with us. With analytical and method development capabilities supporting our quality control facilities you can minimize disruption, transit times and costs with a provider than can provide your complementary services if required. This is what sets us apart from other test houses, we do not just provide the numbers, pass or fail, we work to understand the results, and if they do not meet your quality criteria, we can help with troubleshooting to ensure they will.
Sterility testing is a key GMP Microbiology testing requirement for sterile pharmaceuticals, medical devices and materials, to ensure they are safe for use.
Our team work with you to support your quality control requirements, and to develop and deliver testing and analytical solutions. We use two methods to perform sterility testing:
- Inoculation in two types of media for detection of aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms
- Inoculation period of 14 days with intermittent observations
- Performed in a Grade A Isolator (with optional VHP) to reduce risk of naturally occurring bacteria and fungi contamination delivering false positives and out-of-specification results.
Membrane Filtration Sterility Testing
- Enclosed sterile units allowing two samples of equal volume to filtered simultaneously through two membrane filters
- Incubated in two types of media to facilitate detection of aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms
- We test bulk and final drug products as well as raw materials. We also perform bacteriostasis/fungistasis tests to assess if microorganism growth is inhibited.
Our test methods comply with USP <71> and Ph. Eur. 2.6.1
- Sterility Testing
- Antimicrobial Efficacy Testing (AET)
- Microbial Limits Testing
- Bioburden Determination
- Endotoxin Testing
- Environmental Monitoring and Identification
- Water Analysis.
- Stability Storage and Testing and Accelerated Ageing Studies
- Extractables and Leachables
- Method Development and Validation
- QC (batch release) and Raw Materials Testing
- Residual Solvent Testing
- Water Analysis
- Heavy Metals Testing
- Cleaning and Sterilization Validation of Reusable Medical Devices.
We are fully GMP certified for quality control testing of human and veterinary medicinal products (full documentation is available to download on the right of this page). All Lucideon’s services are undertaken in compliance with EU guidance on GMP as it applies to contract QC testing laboratories.
We are MHRA-inspected (successfully re-accredited in September 2016), and a UKAS accredited testing house (No. 0013), so you can trust that the test data that we provide to you is accurate and reliable. Our highly qualified and experienced technical staff use transparent, traceable, calibrated techniques and state-of-the-art equipment.
Lucidedon's GMP Laboratories in the UK were also successfully inspected by the FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) in September 2019.
Our complete product validation service is supported by a wide range of analytical capabilities, including advanced surface analysis, and expert knowledge, offering you:
- Patent infringement support - providing independent analysis
- Cleaning validation – ensure your product meets the strict cleanliness requirements using our cleaning validation service, VALIDATA
- Counterfeit drug detection – quick and effective detection using surface analysis techniques.
We develop materials, methods and innovative in-house technologies for the pharmaceutical industry, including our in-house novel drug delivery technologies.