Orthopaedic Implant Wear Testing & Tribology
Our wear testing facilities evaluate the wear, friction and lubrication performance of your products. Wear testing is further supported by our surface evaluation, materials characterization, and debris, particulate and wear pattern analyses. We work to ISO methods and also develop customized protocols when standards aren't suitable.
If you are looking to:
- Simulate and evaluate the wear performance of your new bearing materials
- Compare a new design with an existing one
- Outsource your orthopaedic implant wear testing to accelerate new product developments and avoid in-house delays
- Find a supplier that can provide a comprehensive service and the full suite of information you require for your regulatory submission
- Find out what is happening at the surface of your material.
Then we can help.
We offer wear testing and tribology, plus supporting services, for hip, knee, shoulder, spine, ankle and other implants.
Using a combination of techniques we offer analysis of debris generated through wear testing. In addition to following the ASTM standard, using SEM evaluation to provide qualitative information, we also use laser diffraction techniques to gather more detailed, quantitative information, such as chemical analysis to understand the composition of the particles, and particle size distribution.
We provide real understanding of what is happening at the interface between your materials using our advanced surface science techniques and expert analysis.
- Does a coating or process used to improve the hardness / wear properties of your component affect the base material in any way?
- Does the articulation cause material transfer or migration across the interface or into the surface that could be detrimental?
- Is a chemical reaction occurring between the dissimilar materials and affecting the properties or biocompatibility of the components?
- Is the wear pattern consistent and, if not, is it because of the materials or the design?
We also have a representative in Asia, the Hong Kong Standards and Testing Centre. They can be contacted on Tel: +852 2666 1888, Email: email@example.com
STC Medical Device Services
Through a partnership with Lucideon STC provides regulatory support, materials analysis, product classification, testing, registration and licensing of joint medical devices.
STC is presently providing comprehensive biocompatibility assessments in accordance with requirements mandated by different regulatory bodies, including: in-vitro cytotoxicity, skin sensitization, irritation and acute toxicity etc. In collaboration with Lucideon, they are able to provide a one-stop medical device service.
Lucideon's experts help to control the homogeneity of bone cement
Lucideon experts help identify the cause and solution to bone cement syneresis