Failure Analysis - Orthopaedic Implants
Has your implant failed in testing or application? If you're seeing mechanical failures, staining, corrosion or early signs of fatigue our experts will help identify the cause and deliver a solution.
Need failure analysis done quickly? When time is against you trust us to deliver results quickly and get your manufacturing and sales lines back on track.
We understand the importance of reducing manufacturing down-time and speed to market, so we work with you to quickly and efficiently resolve and understand failures. We also analyze explants, to investigate cause of failure in-use.
If you need product testing to analyze the cause of product failures then look no further than our troubleshooting offering. With materials experts from a wide range of industry backgrounds and a full suite of in-house analytical capabilities, we can help to identify the cause of product failures, be it inherent in your product or caused by an external factor.
With in-house mechanical and chemical expert teams, you get a one-stop shop with cross functionality to identify the cause and solution to your product issues, whatever its nature.
Our failure analysis and root cause investigation services include:
- Fracture, fatigue and rupture diagnosis and microstructure investigation
- Evaluation of corrosive failures
- Characterization of surfaces and coatings
- Identification and root cause of contamination
- Evaluation of process issues and process optimization
- Chemical, physical, mineralogical and thermal analysis
- Accelerated performance testing to predict failures
- 3DStrain – digital imaging technologies to characterize strains during testing.
At Lucideon we perform extensive testing to predict and reduce failure risks in application. We perform root cause identification of failures as well as recommending corrective actions.
At Lucideon we are experts in materials science and engineering and failure analysis and root cause investigation. We work with you to analyze failures quickly and effectively, whether after use, during manufacture or at the R&D stage of product development.