Are you seeing failures in your dental devices or instruments? Common faults that can occur include cracking, discoloration, lack of adhesion and access wear. We will help to identify the issue, the cause and the solution, working as an extension of your team to prevent future recurrence.
Dental devices and adhesives must function in a relatively harsh environment. The chemical and mechanical strains put on them within the mouth’s environment can lead to failures. We provide failure analysis to troubleshoot these issues and find a solution to the problem.
Our failure analysis and root cause investigation services include:
- Fracture, fatigue and rupture diagnosis and microstructure investigation
- Evaluation of corrosive failures
- Characterization of surfaces and coatings
- Identification and root cause of contamination
- Evaluation of process issues and process optimization
- Chemical, physical, mineralogical and thermal analysis
- Accelerated performance testing to predict failures
- 3DStrain – digital imaging technologies to characterize strains during testing.
Lucideon performs extensive testing to predict and reduce failure risks in application. We also perform root cause identification of failures, should the failure have occurred in application, as well as recommending corrective actions.
At Lucideon we are experts in materials science and engineering and failure analysis and root cause investigation, whether after product use, during manufacture or at the R&D stage of product development.