You are here: Home » Healthcare » Dental » Bioactive Materials Development
Bioactive Materials Development
At Lucideon, much of our R&D in the dental area focuses on the development of bioactive materials.
MxHA - Multi-element-substituted Hydroxyapatite
A natural component of bone, Hydroxyapatite (HA) is commonly used as a biomaterial to promote regeneration of hard tissue or attachment of it to medical implants.
Our experts are actively engaged in developing novel and simplified methods for the synthesis of HA substituted with multi-elements (MxHA). This new technology allows us to design the surface charge potential of the HA crystals and add intrinsic functionality and improved bioactivity to the material through the incorporation of different elements.
Applications: Bone replacement applications
- Bioactive adhesives/cements
- Drug delivery systems
Our materials experts are currently developing:
- New and simplified synthetic routes to manufacture HA
- Multi-element-substituted HA with tailored charge variations via the introduction of different cations and anions into the HA lattice
- Porous granulates containing crystallites of <100 nm
- Nano HA crystals
- Contract R&D and manufacturing of HA and multi-element-substituted HA.
» Single Tooth Restorations and Dental Treatments of the Future