If you want support with consumer product and cosmetic powder processing you can trust us to provide the expertise to optimize your materials and processes. Whether it’s in-house troubleshooting, quality issues in supply, formulation and product instability or simply continual innovation, we can help.
Consumer products and cosmetics have high efficiency and quality demands from a wide ranging and diverse group of end users. High-quality manufacturing and quality control procedures are crucial to satisfying this demand.
Quality consumer products have the look, feel and application that consumers want, these can be easily compromised when the starting materials aren’t fit for purpose. Key performance factors include product texture, color consistency, minimal product loss and easy cleaning.
Common troubleshooting issues include:
- Quality or property changes following changing of supplier
- Obstacles in developing new products
- Altering the manufacturing process and parameters
- A sudden change in quality or quality control failures
- Optimizing homogeneity
- Prevention of lumping in batch production or in storage
- Desired dispersion of pigments
- Improve product flow through the mill
- Optimizing the hydration of thickening and suspending agents to stabilize emulsions and dissolving powders.
Research and Development Troubleshooting
We are more than a test lab. Where other providers offer tests, we go further and provide interpretation. When the results of your tests reveal issues we will work closely with you to resolve them.
Our expert consultants work with your team to improve cost effectiveness and product yields in your processes while improving product quality and consistency, fine tuning every element to maximum efficiency.
Products we work with include:
- Hair care
- Oral care
- Skin care
- and more.
Our optimization services include:
- Method development for mixing fragile or heat-sensitive components
- Reduce manufacturing steps
- Laser Diffraction and SEM for particle size, number, and shape
- XRF and SEM to analyze chemical composition and purity
- XRD to understand crystal structure
- Analysis and optimization of zeta potential and rheology by changing pH levels and using additives
- In-depth measurement of “downstream” intermediate products, e.g strength measurement of pressed granulate products and appraisal of powder coating thickness
- Factorial Experimental Design (FED) to demonstrate strong correlations between powder and end-product properties
- Minimize downtime for cleaning
- Design and validation of QC protocols.