Claim Substantiation & Imaging
If you're a personal care products or home care products manufacturer or supplier, it is important to instil consumer confidence in your brand and products, as well as satisfying the regulators that you can scientifically substantiate your consumer products marketing claims.
We provide quantitative and qualitative product analysis, producing scientific conclusions and support that’s both visual and backed by detailed data and analysis.
Our consumer products claim substantiation service includes:
- Development of new test methods
- Gain insights in to your product’s properties
- 3D Imaging of your product at work
- Quantitative, scientific evidence for product claims.
Oral Care Claim Support
We work with a range of oral care products, including toothpastes, mouthwashes and denture adhesives. Examples of our work include:
- Bioactive glasses – adding function to products, e.g. toothpastes
- Controlled release platform – prolonging the action of actives
- Stability enhancement technology – increasing shelf life
- Novel antimicrobial materials – adding function
- Microbead alternative – replacing polymers with biodegradable inert materials.
Oral Care Products R&D Support
Our R&D support for oral care products includes optimization of actives and stability enhancement.
See a case study of our work here:
- Toothpaste: visualizing and quantifying the extent of remineralization of tooth enamel after treatment
Hair Care Claim Support
Our range of technologies tailored for hair care applications include shampoos, conditioners, gels, and hair sprays include:
- Controlled release and encapsulation of actives - prolonging action
- Stability enhancement – improving shelf life and performance
- Novel antimicrobial materials – adding antimicrobial function
- Volume enhancement – bigger, longer lasting volume
- Fibre strengthening and thickening
- Curling action.
Hair Care Products R&D Support
From selection of materials and analysis of actives to formulation optimization, our team can help.
Examples of previous work:
- Hair conditioner: chemically mapping the distribution of actives on the individual hair fibres at different regions and under different conditions
- Hair conditioner: confirming the presence of species that are similar in composition to the hair and imaging the penetration of those actives into the hair fibres by cross section.
3D Visualization of Human Hair following Conditioner Treatments
The video clip below depicts the 3D visualization of a human hair surface, by White Light Interferometry, measuring the surface topography and roughness after shampoo-conditioner treatments.
Skin Care Claim Support
From better moisturizing action, to added lustre and improved ‘feel’, we develop technologies that will give your skin care products, including deodorants, moisturizers, sun creams, color cosmetics and fragrances, the advantage.
Skin Care Products Technologies
Our technologies offer performance enhancement such as:
- Controlled release – sustained release of actives
- Fragrance encapsulation – prolonged effect
- Stability enhancement – increased shelf life
- Novel antimicrobial materials – replacement of unfavorable antimicrobials
- Microbead alternatives – skin and environment friendly abrasives with added functionality.
Skin Care Products R&D Support
Our R&D offering for skin care products includes rheology and texture optimization and product reformulation.
Examples of previous work:
- Skin care: quantifying and imaging the effect of treatments on the smoothness of skin before and after shaving.