Symposium: Novel Silicate and Phosphate Materials for Bone and Tooth Restoration
Date: Tuesday 07 November 2017
Time: 09:00 – 16:15
Venue: Lucideon, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 7LQ, UK
The BIODENSOL consortium would like to invite you to attend an academic and industry symposium to highlight the special role of novel silicate and phosphate materials in hard tissue replacement/regeneration. Bioactive materials are gaining increasing attention amongst the healthcare sectors; this symposium provides the perfect opportunity for sharing knowledge.
The day will begin with keynote presentations outlining the drivers faced in orthopaedics and dentistry:
- Professor Pierre Colon, University of Denis Diderot Paris 7, France
- Dr Jochen Salber, University Clinic Knappschaft Bochum, Germany
This will be followed by an overview of the European Commission-funded BIODENSOL project given by three PhD students: Vincenzo Farano, Delihta Fernando and Federico Lizzi. The presentations will discuss novel re-mineralising materials for dental adhesive and restoration applications.
The remainder of the day is open for oral presentations concerning novel silicate and phosphate materials. Contributions covering innovative chemistries and processing routes (including additive manufacturing), and improved mechanical and/or re-mineralisation properties are welcome.
Who can you expect to meet?
- Industry and academic researchers
- University professors
» To register for the event, please click here
Maps/directions of how to find Lucideon headquarters and local accommodation can be found here
Submission of abstracts for oral presentations
Prizes will be given for the best oral presentations.
- Abstracts must be submitted before 12:00 EDT/17:00 UK time on Thursday 26 October 2017 to Federico Lizzi at email@example.com.
- Unless specified, we will only accept one abstract submission per person/presenting author. If you wish to submit any further abstracts, these will only be considered if you are a co-author and the presenting author is registered for the symposium.
- Authors should prepare and proofread their abstracts carefully before submitting.
- All correspondence relating to abstracts will be undertaken by email with the first named author/registered presenter, so it is their responsibility to communicate any relevant information regarding the submitted abstract and the symposium to the other authors.
- By submitting an abstract, the first named author confirms on behalf of the co-authors that the abstract is their own original work, is not defamatory or unlawful, does not infringe anyone else’s rights and that they have obtained any necessary permissions relating to images and data submitted.
- We reserve the right to reject abstracts based on poor relevance to the symposium topics.
Attendance at symposium
- If an abstract for an oral presentation is accepted, the presenting author must register and pay to attend the symposium before Wednesday 01 November 2017. If the author does not register and pay, the presentation may be withdrawn.
- Apart from the keynote speakers, registration, travel and accommodation charges are the responsibility of the presenters.
- Attending co-authors will need to register independently at the applicable rate if they wish to attend the symposium.
- The full PowerPoint presentations must be submitted by e-mail to Federico Lizzi (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 12:00 EDT/17:00 UK time on Thursday 02 November 2017. This will ensure your presentation is loaded onto the system and is working correctly. However, you should bring a further copy on a memory stick as back-up.
- Presenters will be given a 20 minute slot during the symposium which will also include time for any questions the audience may have.
- You give Lucideon/BIODENSOL permission to film or photograph your presentation at the event, which may be used on the Lucideon/BIODENSOL website or social media. Please state in your submitting email if you do not wish us to film or photograph your presentation.
Should you have any questions regarding the symposium and/or presentation abstract submissions, please contact Federico Lizzi:
+44 (0)1782 764486
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement n°264817