MxHA - Multi-element-substituted Hydroxyapatite
Improving Bioactivity of Hydroxyapatite
We are actively engaged in developing novel and simplified methods for the synthesis of hydroxyapatite (HA) substituted with multi-elements (MxHA). This new technology allows us to design the surface charge potential of the HA crystals and add intrinsic functionality and improved bioactivity to the material through the incorporation of different elements.
» Our latest Medical Devices newsletter. Download it via the panel on the right.
- Bone and dental replacement applications
- Bioactive adhesives/cements
- Drug delivery systems
Our materials experts are currently developing:
- New and simplified synthetic routes to manufacture HA
- Multi-element-substituted HA with tailored charge variations via the introduction of different cations and anions into the HA lattice
- Porous granulates containing crystallites of <100 nm
- Nano HA crystals
- Contract R&D and manufacturing of HA and multi-element-substituted HA.