Ceramics and CMCs for Wind Energy
Are you looking to apply technical ceramics to wind power or wind turbine related processes? The elevated temperature or high stress environments in which materials such as refractories and advanced ceramics (such as those used on turbine inlet shrouds and in fuel cells) are required to perform, can present a wide array of materials challenges to overcome.
Lucideon offers materials characterization services ranging from microstructural analysis to high-temperature testing (up to 1600°C).
Coupling our knowledge and expertise in refractories and advanced ceramics, with our specialized testing facilities, we are able to offer routine (BS, EN, ISO, ASTM) and novel, customized, high-temperature testing solutions including the following:
- Compressive stress / strain up to 1500°C
- Flexural stress / strain up to 1550°C
- Thermal conductivity
- Thermal shock resistance
- Creep in compression up to 1550°C
- Work of fracture
- Thermal expansion up to 1600°C
- Specific heat capacity
- Refractoriness under Load (RUL)
- Permanent Linear Change (PLC).
Our services also include the use of high temperature induction furnaces.
Advanced Ceramics and Additive Manufacturing Consultancy Services
Lucideon has a rich history in researching, formulating, developing, processing, troubleshooting and delivering new ceramics products and solutions.
We can help you modify and produce the features you desire:
- Surface finish
- Lack of defects or flaws
- High mechanical strength
- High packing properties
- Shrinkage and deformation control
- Selection and specification of raw materials
- Determine optimal processing techniques and operating windows
- Designed microstructure
- Improved electrolyte performance.
To learn more about how Lucideon can develop novel sintering techniques for your application, click here.
Examples of how you can utilize Lucideon’s ceramics expertise include:
- Selecting or developing ceramic coating and bonding systems to coat metallic components in corrosive environments, such as wind farms
- Replacing metallic components with ceramics.