We have extensive experience of chemically analyzing a wide range of materials including ceramics, powders, metals, polymers, composites, glasses, rubbers, silicones, adhesives, waste streams, resins, concrete and many other materials.
Techniques ranging from qualitative to quantitative chemical analysis may be performed to identify bulk material properties, through to the composition of individual constituents ranging from 100% to sub ppm levels.
Many of our testing protocols are run according to recognized standard methodologies (ISO, EN, BS, ASTM, MIL, DIN, etc.). OEM specification testing is routinely performed on a wide variety of materials and components. Tailored chemical analysis and exposure testing can also be developed for specific applications.
Testing is conducted under the rigorous quality assurance requirements mandated by ISO 17025, Nadcap (aerospace and defense industry) and 10 CFR 50 Appendix B (nuclear utility industry) in the USA. We also maintain a GE Transportation and Aviation Special Process Certification to perform many S-400 test codes. Testing is conducted under our UKAS ISO 17025:2005 accreditation (UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 0013) in the UK.
Chemical Analysis Techniques
- XRF (X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometry)
- XRD (X-Ray Diffraction)
- ICP-OES (Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy)
- ICP-MS (Inductively Coupled Plasma – Mass Spectrometry)
- IC (Ion Chromatography)
- FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared Analysis)
- SEM/EDX (Scanning Electron Microscopy/Energy Dispersive Analysis)
- 3DSEM (Three Dimensional Scanning Electron Microscopy)
- EPMA (Electron Microprobe Analysis)
- XPS (X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy)
- Dynamic SIMS (Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry)
- ToF-SIMS (Time-of-Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry)
- WLI (White Light Interferometry).