You are here: Home » Energy » Power Generation » Metallography and Imaging & Analysis
Metallography and Imaging & Analysis
We provide metallographic preparation of samples and development of metallographic procedures for polishing complex specimens. You can trust the material properties you are observing in mounted specimens are true, and not artifacts of poor metallographic technique, such as material pull-out or lack of edge retention.
We can polish and etch a wide variety and combination of materials with dissimilar properties to a uniform plane.
- Evaluating the integrity of TBC coating systems on turbine blades
- Gold-plated silver pins press-fit into a ceramic base with a stainless steel surround
- Stator bar insulation failure investigations
- Brush seals
- Meteorites for the Schenectady Observatory
- Macro etching of castings.
Find out more about our metallography and imaging & analysis services.