Lucideon provides expert metallurgical evaluation of components to determine the root causes of failure and if corrosion is a contributing factor, to identify the corrosion mechanisms involved.
Utilize our materials and industry expertise to select materials more resistant to corrosion in specific environments, identify corrosion inhibiting techniques, improve processing parameters to specify and manufacture products with increased performance and service life.
Examples of corrosion investigations performed include:
- Dynamic glass corrosion properties of refractory products
- Performance comparison of anti-corrosion coatings and substrates
- Corrosion and premature wear of pump impellers
- Corrosion performance of new alloy and weld materials
- Premature failure of gearbox bearings.
To learn more about our metallurgical evaluation capabilities, click here.