Metallography and Imaging & Analysis
We provide metallographic preparation of samples and development of metallographic procedures for polishing complex specimens. You can trust the material properties you are observing in mounted specimens are true, and not artifacts of poor metallographic technique, such as material pull-out or lack of edge retention.
We can polish and etch a wide variety and combination of materials with dissimilar properties to a uniform plane.
- Evaluation of stress corrosion cracking rates
- Characterization for alloy development and processing changes
- Gold-plated silver pins press-fit into a ceramic base with a stainless steel surround
- Integrity and interface examination of additive manufactured components
- Meteorites for the Schenectady Observatory.
This webinar, presented by Julius Bonini, Principal Consultant, Metallurgy, provides a blueprint for the typical procedures which should be applied when a component fails in fatigue.