Material & Alloy Selection
If you are designing a new product for a new application or environment, or want to improve product quality, performance or longevity, stop premature failures from occurring or reduce the cost of products, we can help.
After potential materials options have been identified, standardized and customized testing and exposure programs are developed. Pilot-scale lots of materials may be fabricated or manufactured for testing at Lucideon. Post-testing, full materials characterizations are conducted to validate or de-select materials. To learn more about our characterization capabilities, click here.
- Selecting corrosion-resistant materials for safety-related equipment
- Specifying raw materials for additive manufactured components
- Identifying composite materials appropriate for specific chemical environments
- Specifying maximum concentrations of detrimental elements in materials
- Selecting weld materials for two dissimilar metals
- Prohibiting the use of certain processing techniques on a material
- Identifying insulation materials that withstand irradiation.
A comprehensive material selection and testing program will expedite the improvement or development of your products, saving you time and money while keeping you ahead of your competition.
On Demand Webinars
This webinar, presented by Julius Bonini, Principal Consultant, Metallurgy, provides a blueprint for the typical procedures which should be applied when a component fails in fatigue.