Lucideon provides expert metallurgical evaluation of components to determine the root causes of failure and if corrosion is a contributing factor, to identify the corrosion mechanisms involved.
Utilize our materials and industry expertise to select materials more resistant to corrosion in specific environments, identify corrosion inhibiting techniques, improve processing parameters to specify and manufacture products with increased performance and service life.
Examples of corrosion investigations performed include:
- Premature failure of gearbox bearings
- Performance comparison of anti-corrosion coatings and substrates
- Characterization of Stress Corrosion Cracking test specimens
- Corrosion performance of new alloy and weld materials
- Corrosion and premature wear of pump impellers.
To learn more about our metallurgical evaluation capabilities, click here.
On Demand Webinars
This webinar, presented by Julius Bonini, Principal Consultant, Metallurgy, provides a blueprint for the typical procedures which should be applied when a component fails in fatigue.