Dynamic Wind Loading and Uplift Testing
We offer dynamic wind loading and wind uplift tests for walls (including external wall insulation (EWI) systems), façades, roofing membrane and insulation, rainscreens, pitched and flat roofing, solar panels and veture kits.
The indoor electrical fan systems enable products or systems to be dynamically loaded under negative/positive pressures using air controlled at various speeds. The products/systems can be tested to:
- ETAG 004 - External Thermal Insulation Composite Systems with Rendering
- ETAG 005 – Liquid Applied Waterproofing Kits
- ETAG 006 – Systems of Mechanically Fastened Flexible Roof Waterproofing Membranes
- ETAG 017 – Veture Kits
- ETAG 034 – Cladding Kits
- CWCT Standards – Wind Serviceability, Wind Safety, Water Penetration and Impact Tests
- BS EN 5534 – Slating and Tiling for Pitched Roofs and Vertical Cladding
- BS EN 13830 – Curtain Walling
- Customized programs.
Wind Loading Test Rig for Walls
- The capability to apply negative and positive wind gusts greater than any UK requirement
- A 6.2m high by 3.6m wide chamber which facilitates two-storey height testing with a horizontal movement joint
- Simulation of wind-driven rain via a purpose-built water spray system
- A programmable control mechanism for standard or customized programs
- The ability to measure multiple displacement readings on the system.
Video Clip from the Test Rig
In the clip below, aluminium standing seam roofing is tested under simulated wind suction. The section of roof being tested ripples a little before a classic negative pressure failure at 5.2kpa. We recommend watching this clip with the sound turned up.
Wind Uplift Test Rig for Roofs
- The capacity to test samples up to 4m X 3m (maximum)
- The adjustability to house various roofing systems and depths of construction
- Windows to view tests in progress
- Climate controlled conditions.
- Confidential product and system development and innovation
- Data towards CWCT Certification
- Product and system verification
- Data against product and system failures
- Project specific data
- Supportive test data on file
- Flexible testing processes
- Controllable loading sequence and environment
- Technical team can assist with the design of customized testing programs
- In-house experienced installers available.
We also provide accredited tests such as pull through of fixings, flexural strength, hygrothermal resistance, material properties of installation, hard and soft body impact resistance and ETAG 022; these are often prerequisites in standards which require dynamic wind loading tests.
For further information, please contact
Joanne Booth, Product Manager: email@example.com or +44 (0)1782 764410.