L7 - Forming Processes
Wednesday 15 May 2019 - 1 day course
The opportunities and constraints of forming processes: hand-throwing, jiggering, roller-head making, ram pressing, granulate pressing, slip casting and pressure casting.
This module explains:
- The basic principles of hand-throwing, jiggering, roller-head making, rampressing, granulate pressing, slip casting and pressure casting
- The basic requirements to make each process work effectively
- Which process to choose for a specific requirement.
The practical session will include:
- Forming the same item by slip casting and plastic forming
- Viewing examples of different forming processes
- Producing the same item by two different manufacturing routes (group discussion).
At the end of the module, you will be able to understand:
- The basis of each forming process
- The requirements to make each process work successfully
- The criteria on which the choice of forming processes are made.
For more information on this course, please contact Caroline Mullington, Technology Partnership Manager on +44 (0)1782 764422 or email@example.com.