L4 - Drying
Wednesday 17 May 2023
Lucideon HQ, Staffordshire
Careful control of clay bodies during the drying process is essential for preventing items cracking when releasing moulds and removing moisture.
This module describes:
- The drying mechanism
- Determining the safe rate of drying
- The principles of humidity drying
- Different types of dryers
- Operating an industrial dryer (case study)
- Best practice guidance for the drying of tableware items
- Tips for maintenance and energy savings
- The principles of drying plaster moulds.
The practical session will include:
- Measuring temperature and humidity
- Determining the drying rate of a clay body in different conditions of temperature, humidity and air flow.
At the end of the module, you will be able to understand:
- The principles of the drying process
- How to control the drying process
- Drying of ceramic tableware items best practice
- Drying plaster moulds best practice
- Maintenance and energy saving best practice.
For more information on this course, please contact Caroline Mullington, Technology Partnership Manager on +44 (0)1782 764422 or firstname.lastname@example.org