L4 - Drying
Wednesday 11 March 2020 - 1 day course
Careful control of clay bodies during the drying process is essential for preventing items cracking when releasing moulds and removing moisture.
This module describes:
- The drying mechanism
- Determining the safe rate of drying
- The principles of humidity drying
- Different types of dryers
- Operating an industrial dryer (case study)
- Best practice guidance for the drying of tableware items
- Tips for maintenance and energy savings
- The principles of drying plaster moulds.
The practical session will include:
- Measuring temperature and humidity
- Determining the drying rate of a clay body in different conditions of temperature, humidity and air flow.
At the end of the module, you will be able to understand:
- The principles of the drying process
- How to control the drying process
- Drying of ceramic tableware items best practice
- Drying plaster moulds best practice
- Maintenance and energy saving best practice.
For more information on this course, please contact Caroline Mullington, Technology Partnership Manager on +44 (0)1782 764422 or email@example.com.