L17 - Decoration and Decoration Processes for Ceramics and Glass
Wednesday 30 October 2019 - 1 day course
An overview of different types of decoration, choice of materials, compositions, preparation, application processes, and firing and fault diagnoses for ceramics and glass.
This module explains:
- Types of decoration and uses
- Types of decoration materials and preparation
- Different application methods and decorating processes - traditional and new
- Decoration firing
- Diagnosing common decoration faults, regulatory, service performance and visual imperfections.
The practical sessions will include the application of decoration to various substrates.
At the end of the module, you will be familiar with:
- The common types of decoration techniques for ceramic and glass and when they can be used
- The principle decoration materials and how they are prepared for application
- Decoration application processes
- Important considerations when firing decorations
- Common decoration faults and how they may be eliminated.
Who should attend?
The module is suitable for delegates with little or basic knowledge of ceramic and glass decoration, however it is also of benefit to the more experienced persons needing to update their knowledge.
For more information on this course, please contact Caroline Mullington, Technology Partnership Manager on +44 (0)1782 764422 or email@example.com.