L13 - Tile Manufacture
Wednesday 10 August 2022
A technical overview of the wall and floor tile manufacturing processes (from raw materials through to the finished product), and the requirements for producing each product category (wall tile, glaze and unglazed floor tiles, porcelain tiles, etc.).
This module explains:
- The generic manufacturing processes for extruded and granulate pressed tiles
- The technical requirements for producing each type of product (wall tile, glaze and unglazed floor tiles, porcelain tiles, etc.)
- Process controls
- Decoration application.
The practical session will include:
- A hands-on activity around the manufacturing processes
- Identifying different products and materials at the different stages of manufacture
- A factory/Lucideon tour led by the course tutors
At the end of the module, you will be able to:
- Understand the processes and technical requirements for manufacturing wall and floor tiles
- Understand the technical requirements for producing the different types of tiles
Who should attend?
This module is for persons who need to understand the technical requirements of tile manufacturing operation. It is suitable for quality control personnel, Trainee Production Managers, Technical Managers and Outsourcing Managers who are required to have close links with manufacturers.
For more information on this course, please contact Caroline Mullington, Technology Partnership Manager on +44 (0)1782 764422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.