L10 - Introduction to Ceramic Tableware & Giftware for the Retail Sector
Wednesday 24 June 2020 - 1 day course
An understanding of the basic principles of ceramic products, the characteristics of different types of products, common faults, regulatory and service performance testing requirements.
This module explains:
- The basic processes involved in a typical ceramics tableware factory
- The different types of ceramic products (china, stoneware, earthenware,etc.), how they are produced, their defining features and uses
- The common manufacturing faults and how they may be eliminated
- The regulatory and service performance requirements and test methods
- The key points to observe when visiting a ceramics tableware factory.
The practical session will include:
- A hands-on activity around the basic forming processes
- Identifying the different product types
- A factory/Lucideon tour led by the module tutors.
At the end of the module, you will be able to:
- Understand how the materials and processes combine to give ceramics their unique characteristics
- Understand the unique characteristics and applications for each type of ceramic product
- Identify the various types of ceramic materials, processes and products
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the best ceramic product for a specific application.
For more information on this course, please contact Caroline Mullington, Technology Partnership Manager on +44 (0)1782 764422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.