L10 - Introduction to Ceramic Tableware & Giftware for the Retail Sector
Wednesday 22 June 2022
An understanding of the basic principles of ceramic products, the characteristics of different types of products, common faults, regulatory and service performance testing requirements.
This module explains:
- The basic processes involved in a typical ceramics tableware factory
- The different types of ceramic products (china, stoneware, earthenware,etc.), how they are produced, their defining features and uses
- The common manufacturing faults and how they may be eliminated
- The regulatory and service performance requirements and test methods
- The key points to observe when visiting a ceramics tableware factory.
The practical session will include:
- A hands-on activity around the basic forming processes
- Identifying the different product types
- A factory/Lucideon tour led by the module tutors.
At the end of the module, you will be able to:
- Understand how the materials and processes combine to give ceramics their unique characteristics
- Understand the unique characteristics and applications for each type of ceramic product
- Identify the various types of ceramic materials, processes and products
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the best ceramic product for a specific application.
For more information on this course, please contact Caroline Mullington, Technology Partnership Manager on +44 (0)1782 764422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.