L1 - Understanding Ceramics
Wednesday 30 January 2019 - 1 day course
In order to understand ceramic products you need a knowledge of what they are made from and how they are made.
This module explains:
- What is a ceramic
- The unique features of ceramics
- Materials involved in ceramics
- Ceramic manufacturing processes
- Ceramic product types.
The practical session will include:
- A hands-on activity around the basic forming processes
- Identifying different product types
- A Lucideon tour led by the module tutors.
At the end of the module, you will be able to:
- Understand how the materials and processes combine to give ceramics their unique characteristics
- Understand the unique characteristics and applications for each type of ceramic product
- Identify various types of ceramic materials, processes and products
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the most suitable ceramic product for a specific application.
For more information on this course, please contact Caroline Mullington, Technology Partnership Manager on +44 (0)1782 764422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.