R6 - Refractories for the Glass Industry (2 day course)
Wednesday 31 October & Thursday 1 November 2018 - 2 day course
Day 1 – Glass Furnaces
Day 1 will look at the parts, conditions, requirements and refractory types required for the melting zone.
- The principles behind the manufacturing process of AZS materials
- Inspection of AZS blocks suitable for use
- Corrosion of refractory linings and the mechanism by which it takes place
- Exudation and the effect on glass quality
- Stoning potential
- Bubble formation
- Hydrogen diffusivity specially for the tin bath blocks.
Day 2 – Regenerators
Day 2 will look at the parts, conditions, requirements and refractory types required for regenerators.
- Concept of the regenerator
- Temperature zones found in a regenerator
- Material choice in different areas
- Creep resistance
- Alkali attack
- Sulphur attack
- Phosphorite formation.
For more information on this course, please contact Caroline Mullington, Technology Partnership Manager on +44 (0)1782 764422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Your Interest
You can register your interest for open module(s), a customized on-site course or training webinar by completing the form below.
* denotes a required field