MIDAR is the proprietary name for Lucideon's geopolymer technologies. Our geopolymers are produced at relatively low temperatures (ambient to a few hundred degrees) and have a wide variety of potential applications.
MIDAR can be used as a new or replacement material for applications such as:
- Concrete – structures, bricks, blocks, joists, flooring, airstrips
- Cement – mortar, nuclear and toxic waste containment, repair grouts, boarding
- Insulation – foams and fire resistant materials
- Ceramics – tiles and refractories
- Composites – fire resistant composites (aerospace and automotive), structural composites.
The benefits of using MIDAR instead of traditional materials are:
- Inexpensive raw materials
- Low temperature reaction (no sintering)
- Adaptable properties such as density, strength, setting time depending on application needs
- Heat and chemically resistant material
- Low CO2 emissions during production
- Zero OPC formula
- High oil and water absorption capacity.
Lucideon develop MIDAR technologies to meet the needs of your specifications, so if you need for example, a high density hard wearing flooring material or a toxic waste containment material can develop it, scale up production and deploy the new technology in your production facilities for you.
Examples of our previously developed MIDAR technology applications are:
- Waste encapsulation
- Oil absorption media
- Structural boarding systems
- Insulation and heat resistant materials
- Airstrip materials.
If you would like to learn more about Lucideon’s MIDAR technologies and how they can help you please contact us on +44 (0)1782 764428 or email@example.com.