Tableware Performance Testing
Are you looking for a transparent, traceable and calibrated approach to test your product in order to achieve the best performance and to substantiate claims?
Through our UKAS ISO 17025:2017 accredited UK laboratories and approved overseas laboratories, we are able to offer manufacturers, retailers and importers full materials and product testing of all tabletop and giftware items to international standards such as ISO and BS EN.
We provide materials development and testing and analysis for manufacturers, importers and retailers of:
- Ceramic tableware
- Pots & pans
- Insulated products
We are also able to offer a full suite of toxic metal release (lead and cadmium) testing for ceramic ware, glassware and cookware, to cover most countries and their associated regulations.
- ISO 6486 - Ceramic ware in contact with food
- EN 1388 - Determination of release of lead and cadmium form ceramic ware
- ISO 8391 - Ceramic Cookware release limits for lead and cadmium
- ASTM C738 - Lead and cadmium from glazed ceramic surfaces
- ASTM C927 - Lead and cadmium extracted from lip and rim areas of glass and ceramic ware
- Proposition 65 - California's Safe Drinking Water & Toxic Enforcement Act including lip rim test and total immersion testing to ASTM methods
- American FDA Metal Release Test and lip and rim test to ASTM methods
- Full range of metal release for other countries including Australia, Canada, Columbia, Finland, Japan, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Russia and Turkey can be conducted.
Testing is usually carried out to BS 8654: 2015 or alternatively to customer specifications for ceramics and glassware.