Services - Environmental / Energy Industries
The number of incinerator units in both the UK and worldwide has risen over the past decade in an effort to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill. The technology and operation of these units is also constantly under review as the industry strives to meet the increasingly tough environmental requirements.
Meet Our Ceramics Team:
It is vitally important to incinerator builders and operators to achieve:
- Trouble-free unit commissioning
- Long-term refractory lining stability
- Optimum operation between planned shutdown.
Lucideon offers the following services to the incineration industry:
- Third party assessment of proposed designs
- Assessment of proposed lining materials
- Assessment of ex-service materials to determine corrosion mechanisms
- Independent inspections of deteriorated linings
- Independent inspections of lining during shutdowns to maximise operation
- Finite element modelling of refractory linings and designs
- Refractories training for incineration site employees
- Refractories support for site manager / unit managers
- Audit of refractory usage.
Our refractories experts have extensive knowledge of:
- Municipal incinerators
- Hazardous waste incinerators
- Clinical incinerators
- Sewage incinerators.
and of differing modes of operation:
- Fluidised bed
- Rotary kiln
- Liquid injection.