Product Carbon Footprinting
In response to the demand for an internationally accepted method to enable GHG management of an organization's products or services, the GHG Protocol has developed a new Product Life Cycle Accounting and Reporting Standard. Lucideon now offers assurance of your product carbon footprint against this standard.
What is the GHG Protocol Product Life Cycle Accounting and Reporting Standard?
This new standard, referred to as the 'Product Standard' provides requirements and guidance for organizations to quantify and publicly report a product's GHG emissions over its lifecycle.
Why the GHG Product Standard?
- It provides a general framework for companies to make informed choices to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the products that they design, manufacture, sell, purchase or use.
- It gives your stakeholders (employees, investors, media, consumers, purchasers) information about your product carbon footprints, ensuring that they believe your green credentials and increasing confidence in your sustainability reporting.
- Having a product carbon footprint differentiates you from competitors who don't have one. It shows that you are a supplier that is committed to limiting your environmental impact.
Why Independent Assurance?
- Your product carbon footprint must be either first party (internally) or third party assured.
- Third party assurance by an independent, experienced verification body ensures that:
- Your stakeholders have confidence in the reported information.
- You have confidence that the figures reported are correct. This gives you a firm base for reduction management plans.
- You are seen as having a real commitment to sustainability, thereby enhancing your brand reputation and credibility.
- Lucideon has specialised product lifecycle verifiers with lifecycle assessment (LCA) expert knowledge.
- Our verifiers have extensive GHG verification and carbon footprint assurance expertise - we have verified over $5 billion CO2 to date.
- You will be appointed a lead verifier with knowledge of your industry.