Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRCEES)
The CRCEES is a mandatory scheme aimed at improving energy efficiency and cutting emissions in large public and private sector organizations, which are currently responsible for around 10% of the UK's emissions.
If you are one of these organizations, we can verify your reports and evidence pack before submission to the Environment Agency (EA), to ensure that they are correct.
In addition, a gap analysis can flag errors and omissions in advance of spot checks on the site by the EA.
As the UK's leading verification body for Government carbon reporting schemes, such as EU ETS (EU Emissions Trading Scheme) and CCA (Climate Change Agreements), Lucideon is able to apply the same rigorous auditing principles to CRCEES evidence pack verification - providing assurance that your data and report is robust and accurate before submission to the EA.
Lucideon verifiers are experienced carbon and energy auditors and not just cross trained financial auditors - they therefore understand your operations and measurement/monitoring processes (invoices, meter reads, etc).
In order to ensure CRCEES compliance, a participating organization will be required to:
- register online
- measure and record its energy use (ie electricity, gas, fuel oil, coal, liquefied petroleum gas etc)
- calculate its carbon emissions annually (excluding transport emissions)
- provide annual energy data to the Scheme Administrator
- buy allowances corresponding to its emissions
- submit an annual report on its emissions
- surrender allowances equivalent to its emissions; and
- trade allowances if it has too many or too few.