Implementing an Energy Management System for ISO 50001
This two-day course is designed for delegates seeking to either create or improve upon an energy management system (EnMS) for their organization.
It will also assist delegates keen to understand the implications of ISO 50001, and enable businesses to make an informed decision about whether or not to seek ISO 50001 certification.
Lucideon is a leading accredited certification body for ISO 50001 with clients from the whole range of operations - energy intensive, corporate, university, multi-scale manufacturing.
The course is highly interactive and enables delegates to learn through discussion and practice.
The objectives for the course comprise:
- Consider why an effective Energy Management System is important
- Understand the background to ISO 50001
- Thorough examination of the requirements of ISO 50001
- Explore how to implement an EnMS to meet the requirements of ISO 50001.
Course Delivery and Content
The method of delivery is informal and interactive. A variety of exercises are established creating opportunities for questions and group discussion.
Furthermore, delegates have the option to bring along either planned, or existing, elements of their organization’s Energy Management System (including Energy Policies; Energy Reviews, and Energy Baselines) for confidential discussion and informal appraisal.
In delivering the course objectives, some of the modules will include:
- A clause-by-clause analysis of ISO 50001:2011
- An overview of energy legislation, and an exploration of some key items of legislation
- Examining the fundamental requirements of Energy Review, and Energy Baseline and considering some examples
- Considering the importance of ‘links’ within an effective EnMS
- Introducing a simple technique of ‘gap analysis’ in the context of ISO 50001
- Considering the ‘hurdles’/barriers to establishing an effective EnMS
- A consideration of integrated management systems
- Identifying the important next steps in creating a robust EnMS.
There are currently no upcoming dates for this course, please contact us for more information.
The course is also available on an in-company basis. Please contact Michelle Simons to discuss your requirements - firstname.lastname@example.org
This two-day, non-residential training course, including refreshments and lunches: total cost of the course £525 + VAT.
(£425 + VAT for Lucideon CICS clients and Lucideon Technology Partners)
Payment is by credit card, a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the course date. We will contact you by telephone to take payment details.