IAF Survey Confirms that Accredited Certification Delivers Real Added Value
A recent survey by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) has found that organisations are finding real value from having accredited certification.
The main findings of the report, which can be downloaded here, are:
- Approx. 50% of the 4000 respondents, reported an increase in sales as a result of certification.
- In terms of general added value, 80% felt that certification had given them this.
- Nearly 50% cited internal business improvement as the main reason for seeking certification.
- An overwhelming number of respondents cited certification as being important to their customers.
- 80% reported that certification has helped them to meet national regulatory requirements.
Regarding the importance of certification bodies:
- Nearly 75% of respondents said that accreditation was essential or very important in their industry.
- 62% agreed that certification bodies provide value for money.
All information is courtesy of the IAF 'The value of accredited certification' Survey Report.