Webinar: EU 2015/757 (MRV) Emission Monitoring and Verification – Are You Prepared?
Join us for our webinar in which Shaun Bainbridge, Director at Lucideon CICS, and David Robinson, one of our experienced shipping lead auditors, tell you all you need to know about complying with EU 2015/757.
The MRV (Monitoring, Reporting and Verification) regulation requires ships with 5,000 GT or greater to monitor, report, and verify their CO2 emissions on an annual basis. The MRV covers ships that are transporting cargo or passengers for commercial purposes and that call at, or depart from, any EU port.
The MRV came into force on 1 July 2015 and becomes fully effective on 1 January 2018. Prior to this shipping companies will need to prepare a monitoring plan for each ship covered by the MRV and have that approved by their verification body.
In the webinar, Shaun and David will discuss:
- What needs to be monitored, according to Article 9 of the MRV
- Compliance procedures for both small and large emitters within the shipping verification scope
- Steps to ensure that the MRP (Monitoring and Reporting Plan) is formally approved
- The verification process of the annual emissions report
- The scheme reporting deadlines.
The webinar will be followed by a question and answer session, a chance for you to ask a specific question and get an answer from our experts.