Transportation and Logistics (Aviation, Shipping, Automotive)
The transportation sector is a significant contributor to global emissions, and these emissions are now increasingly being included as part of both voluntary and mandatory reporting. From automotive to aviation and maritime/shipping, Lucideon auditors have extensive experience across all industry sectors.
- We have a strong track record in certification/verification
- Our auditors have undertaken training with relevant authorities including IATA's Training and Development Institute
- We have worked with international carriers to monitor their emissions
- We have been providing independent certification/verification for over 30 years
- You will be appointed a dedicated lead auditor, who understands your industry and your concerns, and who will act as your single point of contact.
Lucideon offers verification services for both voluntary emissions reporting (e.g. CDP Carbon Disclosure Project) and the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS).
All emissions data under the EU ETS must be verified by independent bodies that are accredited by UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service). Please note that the Scheme will not accept verifications from non-accredited bodies. Lucideon is accredited to provide EU ETS verification for aircraft operators.
- Strategic analysis, including risk assessment, of monitoring systems.
- Independent verification of emissions in compliance with EU ETS requirements.
Voluntary Reporting Market
Whether for carbon footprinting, CSR, sustainability or energy reduction purposes, Lucideon has long been involved in the monitoring of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Total fuel burn or for certain eligible flights.
- Assessment of passenger offsetting schemes.
- Airport carbon footprint.
- Carbon footprint verification of groundworks (offices, support services, etc).
As transportation increasingly falls under the regulated emissions verification market, the global shipping industry is expected to be included from 2017 in a global reporting scheme with similarities to EU ETS. With extensive EU ETS experience in other industry sectors, Lucideon is well placed to offer verification services to the shipping industry as new regulations come into force.
The exact rules are still being formulated at the commission level but it is expected to be on a sectoral rather than a national basis. The scheme will almost certainly reach beyond the EU and the following is the current plan
- Emissions reporting plans by 2016
- Annual emissions reports by 2017.
At Lucideon, we are keeping abreast of all the ongoing stakeholder consultations and will release more detail about our verification offering as the guidelines become clearer.
In the meantime, Lucideon is already verifying shipping and maritime emissions as part of work in carbon footprinting where mobile emissions include those from water borne transportation.
Thanks to our international presence and our achievement of ISO 14065 (an internationally accepted standard for accreditation of verifiers), we are more than ready to serve the shipping industry in the future.
In addition to verification for the EU ETS Scheme, we provide verification for CSR and Carbon Footprinting (CDP, ISO 14064-1).
Working with most major automotive manufacturers, our verifiers understand the specific emission sources associated with this industry.
Additionally, following involvement with certain schemes where production detail is verified (and not just fuel combustion), our automotive verifiers have a detailed knowledge of the production process itself – something which is extremely important when relating a carbon footprint to a specific production unit(s).
Mobile Emissions For Voluntary Reporting
The monitoring of mobile emissions often forms a key part of an organization’s carbon footprint; vehicle fleets can number into the thousands and can, consequently, be the major source of greenhouse gas emissions.
To verify these emissions takes a pragmatic and robust sampling strategy – Lucideon verifiers understand and keep up-to-date with all the major carbon footprint reporting methodologies, such as those adopted by the Carbon Trust and The Climate Registry.
In providing the complete picture for mobile source emissions verification, our experts have an excellent working knowledge of the latest:
- Emissions factors
- Biofuel implications
- Owned vs. leased scope guidance.
In this ever demanding and global industry, service delivery is a high priority and time management is of the essence. At Lucideon, our experienced auditors provide a comprehensive range of certification services to a wide range of clients, including logistics companies, who provide storage, delivery and other associated services in support of the supply chain.
Areas of delivery include:
- Transport and Distribution – Transport via pipelines, cargo handling, storage and associated service supporting land transport activities.
- Wholesale & Retail Trade – wholesale of china and glassware, wallpaper, wood, construction materials, sanitary equipment and other wholesale.