Gleeble Testing for Engine OEMs
The development of new high temperature and high strength alloys is at the core of enabling efficiencies in the aviation industry. These material advances are enabled through the use of thermal-mechanical simulations, such as Gleeble, which allow the characterization of properties including hot ductility, flow stress and weldability.
Lucideon is the only ISO 17025 compliant laboratory in the North America to offer Gleeble testing on a toll basis. Working with our experienced staff can reduce the development and qualification cycles required to move products from R&D into production.
Samples of materials are heated and mechanically worked while various performance parameters of interest are measured and recorded for analysis. After the simulation or test is done, the microstructure of the material may be examined. Thanks to our wide-ranging suite of testing capabilities we are able to offer comprehensive data and analysis to enable you to realize your objectives:
- Lower costs - Reduce product development, processing and energy costs
- Optimize manufacturing processes - Develop new procedures and troubleshoot existing processes
- Optimize materials - Characterize new materials and applications
- Increase production - Reduce scrap and maximize output and efficiency
- Faster product development - Reduce time to market and R&D expense
- Improved product quality - Improve product consistency and quality.
Lucideon has the experience to provide not only testing services but also materials engineering consultancy to fully support all aspects of your development program to your specific timeline.