We use all the facilities at hand - our materials expertise, cross-industry knowledge and wide range of analytical capabilities - to quickly identify the root cause of failures.
In addition to materials failure analysis, we also specialize in failure investigations of motors, generators and other electrical equipment.
Our services include:
- Evaluation of reactions or degradation of components and systems
- Physical and chemical surface analysis
- Metallography and metallurgical evaluation
- Chemical depth profiling
- Impact of surface changes
- Corrosion analysis and defect investigation
- Identification of contaminants and modes of failure – both physical and chemical.
Examples of our work include:
- Failure analysis of under-voltage relays
- Evaluation of crevice corrosion in generator stator bar brazed joints, leak path and insulation failure investigations.