Medical device failures during manufacture or after use are a serious concern for manufacturers and users. We work with our partners to understand their device failures, helping them optimize performance, catalyse product development and ensure patient safety.
We understand the importance of reducing manufacturing down-time and speed to market, so we work with you to quickly and efficiently resolve and understand failures. We also analyse explants, to investigate cause of failure in-use.
Our failure analysis services include:
- Fracture, fatigue and rupture diagnosis and microstructure investigation
- Evaluation of corrosive failures
- Characterization of surfaces and coatings
- Identification of contamination and root cause
- Evaluation of process issues and process optimization
- Chemical, physical, mineralogical and thermal analysis
- Accelerated performance testing to predict failures
- 3D-Strain – digital imaging technologies to characterise strains during testing
At Lucideon we are experts in materials science and engineering. We can work with you to analyse failures quickly and effectively, whether after use, during manufacture or at the R&D stage of product development.