Construction Insight Hub
The Construction insight hub provides an overview of the latest news and resources for you, our construction partners.
Our latest news items for the construction sector:
- Lucideon to Host ‘Alternative Uses for Bricks in Structural Work’ Webinar
- Lucideon to Present at the 13th Canadian Masonry Symposium in June 2017
- Companies Secure First BSI Kitemark™ Certification for Balustrades
- Lucideon Adds New Refractories Training Module to the 2017 Schedule
- Lucideon to Deliver Masterclass at the Offsite Construction Show 2016
Lucideon white papers are technical documents discussing the latest ‘hot topics’ in our core industries. They are composed by our expert researchers and engineers and offer key insight and in depth knowledge on the subjects that matter to you.
You can find a list of our latest construction related white papers down the right of this page, or click here to browse all of our white papers.
Testing Facilities & Technologies
Our testing capabilities and in-house technologies include a large-scale laboratory, 300 anchorage strong-floor, purpose built test rigs and novel technologies to help you, our construction partner, when developing the latest products for market. Our construction capabilities include:
- MIDAR technology
- Dynamic Wind Loading and Uplift Testing
- External Wall Insulation Testing
- CE Marking
- Rolling Load Testing of Flooring Performance
Read abstracts of our presentations and papers here
Energy Saving: The UK approach to insulating the fabric of existing masonry houses
The UK government is committed to reducing the emission of greenhouse gases and has written into law a requirement to reduce emissions by 80% by 2050. Much of UK housing is old. Read the full abstract here.
The Introduction of Highly Perforated Clay Blocks to the UK
In the UK clay masonry units are almost exclusively bricks with a standard size of 215mm x 102.5mm x 65mm (length x width x height). On the face of things there is no reason why other sizes cannot be made, the European Standard for clay masonry units was published in the UK in 2003 and covers a wide range of sizes. Read the full abstract here.